New Voices in Cereal Science and Technology Call for Abstracts | 2019
Cereal Science and Technology Southern Africa (CST-SA) is an association of individuals (from both the private and public sectors) who are actively involved in the science and technology of cereals.
Abstract submission open: May 29, 2019
Abstract submission deadline: July 24, 2019
Abstract Acceptance: August 7, 2019
Early bird registration deadline: August 21, 2019
The main purpose of New Voices in Cereal Science and Technology is to give Winter Cereal Trust and Maize Trust bursary holders as well as cereal scientists the opportunity to present papers at a national level, provided the scientist has not presented an oral at an international conference to date. With this event CST-SA also aim to give inexperienced scientists the opportunity to gain experience in delivering a scientific paper. Abstracts submitted may cover any field of research in cereal science and technology.
Abstracts should be prepared according to the attached template and emailed to
Dr Angeline van Biljon (firstname.lastname@example.org) by
Wednesday, 24 July 2019
Acceptance of abstracts will be communicated by
Wednesday, 7 August 2019
Early bird registration (R200.00) deadline
Wednesday, 28 August 2019
Rules for participation
- Scientists from all levels (Universities and Industry) may enter.
- Anyone who has never presented an oral paper at an international conference is eligible to participate. Poster presentations at international conferences do not disqualify a candidate.
- A participant may compete once in each category, provided he/she was not a finalist previously, and that the material presented represents a new study.
- The length of presentation is limited to 15 minutes,with an extra 5 minutes for questions from the audience. The committee, depending on the number of participants registered, may revise this time allocation.
- Participants are responsible for preparing their own audio-visual presentation in PowerPoint. CST-SA will provide a computer with Microsoft Power Point, overhead projector, and any other reasonable equipment. It remains the participant’s responsibility to test his/her presentation before the symposium starts.
- An uneven number of judges will adjudicate on the day. The judges will consist of committee members, a representative from the main sponsor and academics in the field of cereal science and technology. As far as possible supervisors of participants, will be excluded.
- The committee reserves the right to include only selected abstracts for the event and if necessary to limit numbers.
- Certificates will be issued to all participants.